Ice Cream Pumpkin Pie
- 1 1/2 cups walnuts
- 1 cup pitted dates
- 3 TBSP coconut oil, liquefied
- 3 TBSP warm water
- 1 TBSP pumpkin spice
- 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- Dash of salt
- 2 cups raw cashews, pre-soaked and strained**
- 1 cup pure pumpkin purèe
- 1/2 cup canned full-fat coconut milk, shaken
- 1/2 cup coconut oil, liquified (use refined coconut oil if you don’t want to taste the coconut flavor)
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1 1/2 TBSP pumpkin spice
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- Coconut whipped cream
- Cinnamon powder
- In a food processor, combine all base layer ingredients. Mix until fully combined (the mixture will be sticky).
- Grease a 9″ pie plate with coconut oil or add parchment paper strips for easy removal. Spread the base mixture on the bottom of the dish, smoothing it into an even layer with a spoon or spatula. Let it sit in the freezer for an hour.
- Add softened pints of Organic Vanilla on top of the base layer. Fill pie plate halfway and smooth with a spatula into an even layer. Place it in the freezer while working on the top layer, plus another hour.
- Using a high-speed blender or food processor, combine all of the top layer ingredients and blend until the mixture is silky smooth. It should look really creamy!
- Add the top layer mixture to the top of the ice cream layer, making sure to smooth out the top. Let it freeze overnight.
- Before serving, top it with coconut whipped cream and dust with cinnamon!
- *Fifteen minutes before the hour is up, set out the two pints of NadaMoo! frozen dessert to thaw.
- **To soak cashews: Add to a bowl and fill with water, soaking for 2-3 hours. Strain and discard the water.