SPUMONI ICE CREAM CAKE
- 1Lightly grease 9-by-5-inch loaf pan with cooking spray, then line with plastic wrap, leaving a 2-inch overhang (the cooking spray will help the plastic stick directly to the sides of the pan).
- 2In a food processor, or in a plastic ziplock bag, pulse (or crush) the chocolate wafers on high until wafers are ground up. Add vegan butter and pulse (or mix) a few more times until mixture is thick. Pour into prepared loaf pan and firmly press into bottom of pan to create cake base. Freeze for 30 minutes to set.
- 3While the base is setting, take NadaMoo! Organic Chocolate out of the freezer to soften (~25 mins).
- 4After the base has set for 30 mins, remove from freezer and spread the entire NadaMoo! Chocolate pint over cookie base. You can use a spatula to even out the ice cream. Then return pan to the freezer for another 30 mins to harden the ice cream.
- 5While the chocolate is refreezing, take NadaMoo! Organic Vanilla out of the freezer to soften (~25 mins).
- 6When NadaMoo! Organic Vanilla has softened, transfer to a bowl and add sliced cherries. To add more flavor and color, add cherry syrup and red food coloring and mix evenly.
- 7Remove loaf pan from freezer and evenly spread cherry-vanilla ice cream over chocolate layer. Return to freezer for at least 1 hour more; it takes longer for the cherry layer to set.
- 8After 30 minutes, remove NadaMoo! Pistachio Nut pint from freezer to soften (~25 mins). Once cake is set and NadaMoo! Pistachio Nut has softened, spread Pistachio Nut over cherry-vanilla; the pistachio layer should come up nearly to the top of loaf pan. Cover with plastic wrap and freeze overnight.
- 9When ready to serve, remove plastic wrap from top of pan and invert spumoni cake onto cutting board. Gently lift loaf pan away and remove remaining plastic wrap. Using a chef's knife dipped in warm water, slice spumoni cake into 3/4-inch slices, dipping knife in warm water between each slice. Serve immediately.
MAKE SOMETHING DELISH
Tag us on social using #NadaMooRemix
Here’s what’s cooling in our kitchen