MINI ICE CREAM BARS
PEPPERMINT BARK MINI ICE CREAM BARS
- 6-cube ice cube tray
- 1/2 cup candy canes, crushed and divided (use more for extra garnish)
- 7 ounces dark chocolate or chocolate chips such as Hu Gems
- 7 ounces vegan white chocolate chips
- 1 tsp peppermint extract
- 8 ounces NadaMoo! Organic Chocolate, Organic Vanilla Bean, or Peppermint Bark
- 1Using half of the crushed candy canes, put candy cane bits in the bottom of each ice cube section. Set aside the other half.
- 2Melt the dark chocolate in the microwave in 20-second increments. Make sure to stir each time in between so that you don’t burn the chocolate. Stop when it is just melted.
- 3Pour the melted dark chocolate into each ice cube section so until it reaches a depth of 1 cm. Let sit for about 10 minutes in the fridge (do not let it completely harden).
- 4Repeat the same melting process for the white chocolate. When it is fully melted, stir in the peppermint extract. Pour it over the dark chocolate in each ice cube section to a depth of 1 cm. Let sit in the fridge for another 10 minutes.
- 5Meanwhile, thaw the ice cream by letting it sit out of the freezer for 10-15 minutes and then spread the softened ice cream over each chocolate square. Top it with the reserved crushed candy cane bits right away.
- 6Freeze for at least 1 hour.
- 7Remove from the freezer and let sit for 5 minutes. Use your hands to remove each mini-ice cream bar from the ice tray.
- Optional: Add more crushed candy cane bits to the sides of each ice cream bar.
MAKE SOMETHING DELISH
Tag us on social using #NadaMooRemix
Here’s what’s cooling in our kitchen