ICE CREAM SANDWICHES
GINGERBREAD COOKIE ICE CREAM SANDWICHES
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 4 TBSP maple syrup
- 4 TBSP vegan butter
- 3 cups all purpose flour
- 1 egg replacer (we used Bob’s Red Mill)
- 1 TBSP ground cinnamon
- 1 TBSP ground ginger
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 pint favorite NadaMoo! flavor (we used Organic Vanilla)
- 1Preheat oven to 350°F.
- 2In a small saucepan, combine brown sugar, maple syrup, and butter. Heat over medium heat until butter melts and mix well with sugar and syrup. Pour into large bowl.
- 3Sift dry ingredients into melted butter mixture and stir until mixture turns to dough.
- 4Refrigerate dough for 30 minutes.
- 5Remove dough, roll out, and use a cookie cutter to cut out gingerbread people. Alternately, you can free form cut them with a knife.
- 6Bake gingerbread people for 7-10 mins, checking periodically. Tip: slightly underbaking cookies will make them easier to bite into after refreezing into ice cream sandwiches.
- 7Remove and, once cool, decorate however you’d like.
- 8Let NadaMoo! sit on the counter for 15-20 minutes to soften. Spread on one gingerbread cookie and top with a second. Repeat until all the cookies have been used. Wrap in plastic wrap and freeze for at least 4 hours before serving.
MAKE SOMETHING DELISH
Tag us on social using #NadaMooRemix
Here’s what’s cooling in our kitchen