by: NadaMoo! Test Kitchen
- 6 pc. Ice Cube Tray
- 1/2 cup Crushed Candy Canes
- 1 tsp Peppermint Extract
- 7 oz of Dark Chocolate or Chocolate Chips (we used Hu Gems)
- 7 oz of vegan White Chocolate Chips
- 8 oz of NadaMoo! Dutch Chocolate, Vanilla…ahhh, or Peppermint Bark!
- Place crushed candy cane bits at the bottom of each ice cube space.
- Melt the dark chocolate in the microwave in 20-second increments. Make sure to stir each time in between (you don’t want to overheat the chocolate). Stop when it is just melted.
- Pour the melted dark chocolate to cover 1 cm of the bottom of each ice cube space. Allow it to sit for about 10 minutes in the fridge (do not let it completely harden).
- Repeat the same melting process for the white chocolate. When it is fully melted, stir in the peppermint extract. Pour it over the dark chocolate in each ice cube space (1 cm worth). Let sit in the fridge for another 10 minutes.
- While it sits, thaw the ice cream for about 10-15 minutes and spread the softened ice cream over each chocolate square. Top it with the crush candy cane bits right away.
- Freeze for at least 1 hour.
- Take them out of the freezer, let sit for 5 minutes and use your hands to remove each Peppermint Bark ice cream bar from the mold.
- Optional: Add more crushed candy cane bits to the sides of each ice cream bar.
- Serve and enjoy this tasty Holiday treat!
*Disclaimer: The chocolate in the photo was overdone for dramatic and delicious effects!