by: NadaMoo! Test Kitchen
- Dash of salt
- 1 tbsp pumpkin spice
- 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 3 tbsp warm water
- 3 tbsp coconut oil, liquefied
- 1 cup pitted dates
- 1 1/2 cup walnuts
- 2 pints of Vanilla…ahhh ice cream or one of our other flavors
Top “Pie” Layer:
- 2 cups raw cashews soaked in water for at least three hours or preferably overnight (if this was not done, boil water, set aside, and soak them for 20-30 min in the pot (covered).
- 1/2 cup canned full-fat coconut milk shaken
- 1/2 cup liquified coconut oil (use refined coconut oil if you don’t want to taste the coconut flavor)
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1 cup pure pumpkin puree
1 1/2 tbsp pumpkin spice
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- Coconut whipped cream
- Cinnamon powder
- In a food processor, combine all base layer ingredients.
Mix until fully combined (it will be sticky). Grease a 9″ pie dish with coconut oil or add parchment paper strips for easy removal. Add the base mixture and spread on the bottom and corners of the dish. Make sure to smooth it out with a spoon or spatula into an even layer.
- Let it sit in the freezer for an hour. 15 minutes before the 1 hr is up, set out the 2 Vanilla…ahh pints to thaw.
- Add softened pints of Vanilla…ahhh to the top of the base layer. Fill dish halfway and smooth out with a spatula into an even layer.
- Place in the freezer while working on the top layer. Let it freeze for at least another hour.
- Use a high-speed blender or food processor to combine all of the pie ingredients and blend until the mixture is silky smooth. It should look really creamy!
- Add the pie mixture to the top of the ice cream layer, making sure to smooth out on the top.
- Let it freeze overnight.
- Before serving, top it off with some of your favorite whip and dust it off with some cinnamon!
- Happy eating!