By Samantha Blaul | June 30th, 2016
After a long cold Winter and a rainy Spring, there is nothing we love more than clearing out our freezers to make space for summertime treats like ice cream. Today is the last day of National Dairy Month, so we wanted to share one more great recipe for those who want to celebrate with a dairy alternative! Our favorite dairy-free ice cream Maker, NadaMoo!, has shared with us two of their delicious (and addictive) summer recipes, so that even when it’s hot out you’ll be the coolest house on the block. The best part? They require 5 or less ingredients, and take only a few minutes to prepare! And don’t forget, you can order NadaMoo! dairy-free ice cream here on Direct Eats and get it delivered straight to your front door. No subscription fees, no shipping charges. Just delicious ice cream, waiting to be made into a tasty dessert.
Try making this Coconut Chia Seed Pudding as a refreshing dessert that could double as breakfast!
1 cup blueberries
1/2 cup Purely Elizabeth granola
1. Take NadaMoo Creamy Coconut out of the freezer and let it sit for 5 minutes.
2. In a jar/bowl, combine and mix NadaMoo, coconut water, coconut milk and maple syrup. Gently stir in the chia seeds.
3. Place jar/bowl in the fridge and let it rest overnight or for at least 5 hours.
4. Assemble pudding with your choice of toppings! (we used fresh blueberries and Purely Elizabeth granola)
If you’re looking for something to take on the go, throw together these quick and easy Salted Caramel Ice Cream Pops.
1. Let Salted Caramel NadaMoo! soften out of the freezer for about 5 minutes.
2. Blend until smooth and pourable.
3. Stir in chocolate chunks.
4. Pour ice cream into popsicle molds and freeze for one hour.
5. Serve while still cold! Add extra chocolate shavings if desired.